I’ve been thinking quite a lot about not drinking recently, approaching six months (YES SIX MONTHS – on June 10th technically) alcohol free has got me reflecting and starting to see the benefits of my new life sans booze.
I no longer celebrate with champagne (or commiserate with Pinot) but that doesn’t mean I don’t celebrate, it just means I’ve found new ways to celebrate without alcohol … added bonus here is that without a hangover I still feel like celebrating the day after too!
The lovely Ariadne did a little bit of an insta-story yesterday on celebrating ourselves, and not just celebrating the outcome but celebrating the journey, and the things that don’t go so well.
So I’m celebrating today, please join me! What can you celebrate?
What have you achieved so far today, this week, this year?
We can all find things to celebrate, big or small – and when you’ve chosen your thing(s) here’s a lovely listicle …
22 ways to celebrate without alcohol:
- Call a friend
- See a friend
- Organise a picnic with your friends or significant other
- Have a bath with your favourite bath oil
- Go to a cafe and spend time writing in your favourite notebook
- Go for a walk
- Go to the beach
- Go see a movie
- Go to a gig
- Go to a yoga class (or any exercise class you enjoy) – if you can’t get to a studio try a class online with Movement for Modern Life
- Cuddle up in bed and watch Netflix
- Eat some icecream
- Go to any kind of art class
- Book a workshop/talk by someone who you want to learn from
- Watch a Ted talk of someone who inspires you
- Learn something new
- Draw something
- Spend time colouring in a colouring book
- Go for a lovely meal at your favourite restaurant
- Treat yourself to something you’d never normally buy
- Do something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t got round to doing yet
- Listen to your favourite music & dance around like a loon
I’ll be doing lots of these over the weekend. Let me know what you’re celebrating in the comments, or on instagram, & let’s celebrate together!
All my love,